about Joanne S. Beasy
Joanne Beasy is nothing short of a detail ninja, a trait that makes her fearless in the courtroom and always ready to deliver thoughtful solutions.
She’s provided decades of thorough representation in the fields of family law, litigation and attorney professional ethics matters. In family law, Joanne’s experience includes representing clients in dissolution, divorce, custody and other family law matters. She also serves as counsel in attorney ethics matters.
Her relentless preparation gives her a complete command of the facts of a case–all while maintaining a big picture perspective on the surrounding circumstances. She knows her way around IT, has a flair for numbers, and is in her element in any courtroom.
Joanne is the Chair of the Isaac Wiles Family Law Practice Group.
education & admissions
The Ohio State University, J.D., 1994
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., Risk Management and Insurance, 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. District Courts, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
articles & presentations
“Dissolution vs. Divorce: What are the Differences?” DivorceMagazine.com, March 14, 2019
“Divorce Bonuses and the IRS, Oh My!” -CBA Legal Connections, January 10, 2020
“Pandemic Shared Parenting 101” DivorceMagazine.com, April 7, 2020
- Custody Evaluators vs. Guardians ad Litem – What is the Difference?
- Is Court-Ordered Nesting “For the Birds,” or Can it Work?
- Divorce filings rise in Ohio for the first time in 10 years
- What is a QDRO in the Divorce or Dissolution Process?
- “Dissolution vs. Divorce: What are the Differences?,” Divorce Magazine
- May a Child Call a Step-Mom “Mom”?
- Trial Means Trial…Car Troubles or Not…
- New Franklin County Parenting Coordination Rule!
- Your Mobile Phone Easily Records Conversations…But Is Recording Legal?
- Representing Yourself? Pay Very Close Attention to Deadlines!
Speaker, Preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders in civil litigation: Fed.R.Civ.P. 65 and Ohio Civ.R. 65, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law’s “Lunch with a Litigator”, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
professional & community activities
Federal Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
Past Chair of the Columbus Bar Association’ Professional Ethics Committee
Secretary/Treasurer of the Columbus Lawyers’ Club
Central Ohio Association of Juvenile Lawyers
Former Co-Chair, Columbus Bar Association’s Community Service Committee
Former Member, Grandview Heights City School District’s Board of Education (Vice President last two years)
AV—Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2018-2022
Superb AVVO Rating
Community Service Award, Columbus Bar Association
Statewide Community Service Award, Ohio State Bar Foundation