about Danielle M. Skestos
With Danielle Skestos, it’s all about the kids.
She joyfully concentrates her practice in adoption law, representing prospective adoptive parents and birth parents in private attorney adoptions, stepparent/relative adoptions and private agency adoptions. Danielle also focuses on domestic relations law, representing clients in divorces, dissolutions, child custody and support matters.
A quick study, Danielle successfully argued before the Ohio Tenth District Court of Appeals within eight months of being licensed to practice law. Danielle has been recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers for eight years.
Danielle’s passion for child advocacy extends well beyond her legal efforts, as she does extensive volunteer and after-hours work in a variety of community organizations focused on the welfare of children.
education & admissions
Capital University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1999; Member of Law Review
Miami University, B.A., 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
articles & presentations
- “Are children placed in foster care too often in response to the opioid crisis?,” CQ Researcher, July 2018
- “Can the system handle soaring demand?,” CQ Press, July 20, 2018
- “The Opioid Crisis: Protecting Children From Addicted Parents,” Divorce Magazine, March 26, 2018
- Preparing for Adoption During the Pandemic
- Can the system handle soaring demand? – CQ Press
- The Opioid Crisis: Protecting Children from Addicted Parents – Divorce Magazine
Case Child Support and Divorce, Child Support and Litigating the Divorce, 2003
Case Child Support and Divorce, Child Support and Litigating the Divorce, 2002
professional & community activities
Ohio State Bar Association
Columbus Bar Association
Ohio Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2005-2007, 2009-2013
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Best for 2015 in Client Satisfaction